I am Julia (24) and have taken part in the Blind Applying campaign. I have been selected by Evonik for an internship at the Advanced Project House Light & Electronics (PHLE) in Hsinchu, Taiwan. For five months, I will be working on the synthesis and application of metal oxide particle coatings and experience a new culture and living environment. For more information about Blind Applying visit www.blindapplying.com

Friday 11 April 2014

arrived

Yesterday, I finally arrived in Taiwan.
The last one and a half week in Germany was busy even though I felt like doing nothing. To deal with organizational matters is time consuming and unproductive. I would have liked to spend all the time with friends and family but I was just running here and there, calling people and writing to get some stuff finished. I managed nearly everything I wanted to do before leaving. Just my international driver's license is still at the local city office of my home town (Gera – if you do not know it, I can recommend this ad of a local consulting company, if you know it, I can recommend to watch it even more ^^ Gera - Ich komme wieder) When I arrived in Gera on Tuesday, the office had just closed - how dissapointing. =(

I spent the night repacking my bags to lower the weight of my luggage. So I was already tired in the morning at 8 am when my train to the airport was leaving and managed to sleep a bit in the plane. I usually do it like that because I have some (bigger) problems with fear of flying. Around 4 pm the next day (Taiwanese time), I saw the ocean and the island for the very first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment